Happy summer everyone!
Graduate school gives summer an extra feeling of arrival and victory. As of today, all grades have been finalized, all papers have been turned in, all boxes have been checked. Now is when we finally have the opportunity to turn to those things which we haven't had the time, mental energy and spiritual fortitude to enjoy. Here's what I'm excited about this summer:
- Reading more George MacDonald just for fun
- Playing more piano and chamber music with some friends
- Actually visiting the beach, and improving my freestyle stroke
- Meeting up with friends more often
- Make new friends to improve German and French skills
- Take naps!
This summer feels even more different from previous ones because not only is my wife no longer working in a job that had her busy the whole summer, but we just moved to a new house! It is such a beautiful, small, functional building with a wonderful landlord who lives on the property. Everything feels so full of life!
What are you doing this summer?